“And Jesus was going about all the cities and the villages, teaching in their synagogues, and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness. And seeing the multitudes, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and downcast like sheep without a shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest” (Matthew 9:35-38).
Our Purpose For Missions: To share Christ’s heart with the world, and to send out workers into the harvest.
Our Definition of Missions: To mobilize workers for the purpose of evangelism, discipleship, and supported ministries to as many different locations throughout the world with the many resources God has given Faith Baptist Church through its congregation.
- Prayer support for our workers.
- We have a Missions Awareness Week each year around the first week of March.
- The Missions Committee meets the first Sunday of every month.
- We financially support our workers both long and short term.
- We host short term missions projects each year for our pastoral staff, congregation, and youth ministries.
- We also are actively involved in reaching out to our local communities.
Commitment To Our Missionaries:
- Communication – Through letters, e-mail, and the church bulletin, they will get a glimpse of life here at Faith Baptist Church.
- Prayer Support
- Financial Support – Faith Baptist Church is committed to each of our worker’s monthly support.
- Hospitality – When workers are able to visit at Faith Baptist Church, their housing, meals, transportation, etc. will be our concern.
- On the Field Visitation – Each year, one of the pastors at Faith Baptist Church will visit one of our supported workers on their mission field.
- Jim & Therese Barron (ABWE) – undisclosed location
- Nancie Dellaganna (ABWE) – Bangladesh
- Don & Erline Fountain (BMM) – Oceanside, California
- Robert & Linda Franklin (Baptist Bible Graphics) – Utah
- Jim & Carol Garcines (ABWE) – Elks Grove, California
- Darrel & Jean Haworth (BMM) – Brazil
- Tim & Susan Heinrich (Baptist Church Planters) – Tracy, California
- Dan & Maryanna Horton (ABWE) – Philippines
- Bob & Jo-Ann Meier (AWANA) – Visalia, California
- David & Virginia Morris (ABWE) – South Africa
- James & Coletta Morsey (BMM) – Chile
- Dan & Carol Pollard (ABWE) – Ukraine
- Ken & Mary Royer (Link Care Center) – Fresno, California
- Jay & Diane Swanson (BMM) – Utah
- Larry & Rose Anne Thornburg (ABWE) – Spain
- Jeff & Jennifer Thomas (ABWE) – Portugal